Online Master of Public Administration
Take Leadership to the Next Level
Powered by Research, Driven by Innovation.
As communities around the nation grow and change, the demand for effective leaders is greater than ever. University of Delaware’s online Master of Public Administration (MPA) has a proven track record of producing those leaders. In this flexible, 30-month online MPA program, you’ll learn from interdisciplinary faculty using experiential methods that will challenge you and prepare you for real-world service. You’ll apply best practices while you master the strategies necessary to shape policy and lead effective management in government, nonprofit and private sectors.
Graduates from our Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration are leading today’s communities and nonprofit organizations and working together to solve society’s most complex challenges. Our flexible online format lets you reach your educational goals while maintaining your current career obligations.
The University of Delaware is a highly respected research institution. Our curricula are developed using the latest research in respective fields. As a result, you graduate with a stronger, forward-looking foundation in your area of study.
Advanced Research Centers
Download a FREE program brochure.
To get your brochure and speak with an Admissions Counselor about financial aid, complete the form below.
UD’s mission for its online MPA is to develop your practical leadership and management experience so you can advance in your public administration career. As a graduate, you’ll be primed to manage an organization, motivate employees and make a positive impact on your public service career and in your community. Our MPA is a 36-credit program that can be completed in as few as 30 months.
Online Learning You Can Apply Today
Advance your professional skills beyond what you’ve imagined with a master’s degree from the University of Delaware. Our flexible programs are designed to let you complete coursework and online classes while still maintaining a busy career. In fact, you can apply the latest research and strategies you explore in class to your current job.
Public service and nonprofit organizations are in need of highly qualified leaders. Factors such as a growing population, community diversity and environmental concerns continue to increase this need.
Top Jobs and Average Salaries with an MPA1
- Chief Executive Officer, $193,850
- Financial Manager, $129,890
- Human Resources Manager, $116,720
- Public Relations Manager, $116,180
- Executive Director, $104,690
- Training and Development Manager, $113, 350
- Medical/Health Service Manager, $100,980
- Logistician, $74,350
- A Top 25 Best Online MPA program in 20212
- A Top 30 Best Public Management and Leadership program in 20213
- A Top 20 Best Public Finance and Budgeting program in 20193
- Accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), the University of Delaware’s online MPA upholds the highest standards of public policy education.
Download a FREE program brochure.
- “Top Highest Paid Public Administration Careers,” Master of Public Administration. Retrieved October 1, 2021, from https://www.mastersofpublicadministration.org/.
- “The Best Online Master’s in Public Administration Programs,” TheBestSchools.org. Retrieved on October 1, 2021, from https://www.thebestschools.org/.
- “Graduate School Rankings, 2021,” U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved October 1, 2021, from https://www.usnews.com/.